Welcome to XboxDevWiki.net,
a wiki dedicated to research of the original Microsoft Xbox.
XboxDevWiki is an effort to document the inner workings of the original Microsoft Xbox and Xbox-based SEGA Chihiro. We not only care about technical details about those platforms, but also how to develop homebrew and emulate them.
We are not interested in documenting the Xbox 360, Xbox One or any other console at this point.
Also check out the XboxDev GitHub organization where we provide tools and code related to Xbox research and development.
Want to help? Contact us!
This wiki is the place for all remaining Xbox projects to come together. Please come chat with us in XboxDev on Discord or in #xqemu on Libera.Chat IRC (Webchat).
You'll also get the details for wiki account creation there.
- Hardware Revisions
- Flash ROM
- DVD Drive
- Hard Drive
- Power Supply
- Development Kits
- Manufacturing Process
- MCPX ROM
- BIOS / Kernel
- Boot Process
- XBE (Executable file format)
- FATX (Filesystem)
- Xbox ADPCM
Development Kits and Tools
- nxdk (New Xbox Development Kit)
- Microsoft XDK
(archived from the xbox-linux wiki)
- Xbox Hard Drive Locking Mechanism
- Xbox Savegame System
- Xbox Hardware Overview
- Xbox Hard Disk Technical_Details
- Xbox Hard Disk Partitioning
- Xbox Manufacturing Process
- The Hidden Boot Code of the Xbox
- 17 Mistakes Microsoft Made in the Xbox Security System
- Porting an Operating System to the Xbox HOWTO