Here a list of patents that might be related to the original Xbox:
- Filed 1997-11-25 by Nvidia: https://www.google.com/patents/US6697063 "Rendering pipeline"
- Filed 1998-12-23 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/US6417858 "Processor for geometry transformations and lighting calculations"
- Filed 1999-12-06 by Nvidia: https://www.google.com/patents/US6198488 "Transform, lighting and rasterization system embodied on a single semiconductor platform"
- Filed 1999-12-06 by Nvidia: https://www.google.com/patents/US6573900 "Method, apparatus and article of manufacture for a sequencer in a transform/lighting module capable of processing multiple independent execution threads"
- Filed 1999-12-06 by Nvidia: https://www.google.com/patents/US6765575 "Clip-less rasterization using line equation-based traversal"
- Filed 1999-12-06 by Nvidia: https://www.google.com/patents/US6650325 "Method, apparatus and article of manufacture for boustrophedonic rasterization"
- Filed 2000-12-05 by Nvidia: https://www.google.com/patents/US6690372 "System, method and article of manufacture for shadow mapping"
- Filed 2001-01-11 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/USD452282 "Portion of an electronic housing"
- Filed 2001-01-11 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/USD452534 "Portion of an electronic housing" (not a dupe, its the top X shape in detail)
- Filed 2001-01-11 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/USD451513 "Computer input device" (describes the original Xbox controller, a.k.a. : "the Duke")
- Filed 2003-05-09 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/US8493326 "Controller with removably attachable text input device" (an early keypad, later revered to by the 360 keypad patent)
- Filed 2003-05-09 by Micorsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/US7116311 "Embedded text input " (reffered to by the 360 chatpad)
- Filed 2006-07-03 by Micorsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/US7804484 "Embedded text input " (probably a corrected version of US7116311, reffered to by the 360 chatpad, a picture of the "Baretta" chatpad, https://assemblergames.com/threads/xbox-chatpad-unreleased.54523/
- Filed 2001-06-19 by Nvidia: https://www.google.com/patents/US6870540 "System, method and computer program product for a programmable pixel processing model with instruction set"
- Filed 2002-06-07 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/US6907522 "Use of hashing in a secure boot loader" (mentions "NV2A")
- Filed 2003-08-21 by Friendtech: https://www.google.com/patents/US20050282621 "CPU upgrading adapter for a Microsoft XboxTM game machine"
- Filed 2005-01-04 by Nvidia: https://www.google.com/patents/US7916149 "Block linear memory ordering of texture data"
- Filed 2005-01-07 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/US7676840 "Use of hashing in a secure boot loader" (a continuation of patent US6907522)
- Filed 2005-05-17 by Nvidia: https://www.google.com/patents/US7793029 "Translation device apparatus for configuring printed circuit board connectors " (describes coupling two PCI Express connectors, possibly for the secondary Chihiro board, mentions "Xbox")
- Filed 2001-04-30 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/US20020160654 "Breakaway cable connector" (filed by Microsofts attorneys)
Possibly unrelated :
- Filed 1989-12-29 by Dolby Laboratories: https://www.google.com/patents/US5109417 "Low bit rate transform coder, decoder, and encoder/decoder for high-quality audio"
- Filed 2008-01-15 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/US8607324 "Untrusted gaming system access to online gaming service" (describes part of Xbox online)
- Filed 2011-06-17 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/US8641525 "Controller for video game console" (one of the 51 patents comprising the Xbox One controller)
- Filed 2011-09-07 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/US8597125 "System and method for configuring game data about players"
- Filed 2012-01-13 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/US8602897 "Extended and editable gamer profile"
- Filed 2007-12-07 by Microsoft: https://www.google.com/patents/US8487876 "Ergonomic hand-held text input device " (The xbox 360 chatpad, wich mentions the OG textpad US8493326 and US7116311 ;) )