Difference between revisions of "Hardware Revisions"
|Line 157:||Line 157:|
== EEPROM ==
== EEPROM ==
Revision as of 10:24, 2 September 2017
There are different retail Xbox hardware revisions:
- Xbox 1.0
- USB controller is on a separate PCB
- GPU has a fan on the heat sink
- Xbox 1.1
- USB controller moved onto the motherboard
- Fan removed from the GPU heat sink
- Xbox 1.2
- Xbox 1.3
- Xbox 1.4
- Xbox 1.5
- Xbox 1.6
- Removed data and power lines from LPC port
- Xyclops chip (includes ROM instead of flash = BIOS no longer flashable)
- Microsoft later switched to lower quality Hynix RAM. These Xboxes with non-Samsung RAM are sometimes referred to as 1.6b by the modding community.
You can find more information about the hardware used in each revision below.
History of Xbox 1.5
While not definitive, here are some ways to help identify the revision of your Xbox.
|04/2004 Onward||1.6||China, Taiwan|
The serial number looks like this:
- L is the production line
- NNNNNN is the number produced that week
- Y is the last digit of the production year
- WW is the number of the week
- FF is the factory code
Note, this table contradicts the previous table.
|02||Mexico||1.0 or 1.1|
|05||China||1.2 or later|
|06||Taiwan||1.2 or later|
|LNNNNNN 23WFF||1.0 or 1.1|
|LNNNNNN 33WFF||1.4 or 1.5|
There are four retail drives known to be used by Microsoft in the retail version of the console. any Xbox DVD drive can be used in any retail xbox.
List of Xbox DVD Drive manufacturers
- Thomson (Xbox 1.0)
- Philips (Xbox 1.2)
- Samsung (Xbox 1.3)
- Hitachi-LG (mainly 1.6?)
|Revision||Drive Manufacturer||Drive Model Number||Capacity|
|1.0 (XB:2001-10-26 FF=02)||Western Digital||WD80EB-00CGH0||8G|
|1.1 (XB:2001-10-29 FF=03)||Western Digital||WD80EB-28CGH1||8G|
|Conexant||1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3|
|1.1||1.1 - 1.6|
|3944, 4034, 4036, 4627||1.0|
|5101, 5713||1.2 - 1.5|